tulip writing

tulip writing

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Empty Room - 2 Poems

Empty Room 1
 
At times I’m mad
At times I’m sad
How do I fill that empty room in my heart?
                        
It was there before, behind guarded doors
Before you walked into my heart as if it was yours
           talking about colors that you would bring
           about music that would sing
           about how you’d make it beautiful, if I invited you in. 

I unlocked the doors and you turned on the light
But you never took one step inside 

No colors, no music, no beauty no more
Just the cold wind that rushed in through the door  

I shiver and shrug as I become aware
How much I wanted you there
 
 
Empty Room 2
 
At times I’m angry, at times I’m sad
again to feel the emptiness so bad
of that room inside my heart
that empty space I’ve often had 
 
It was there before, behind guarded doors
before you walked into my heart as if it was yours 
 
Talking about colors that you would bring
about music that would sing,
how you’d make it beautiful
if I invited you in 
 
So I unlocked the door and you turned on the light
but you never took one step inside
 
No colors, no music, no more
just the cold wind that swept in through the door
made me shiver and shrug as I became aware
of what I was really longing for
 
Inside the treasures lay locked for so long,
but forgotten, because my fear was so strong
 
Already there’s beauty inside that room
already it is filled with gloom
but no one inside to bring it alive
just my love buried like in a tomb
 
You made me see the riches in there
and feel the longing I can’t bare 
 
For someone to live
inside my heart and give
meaning to all that’s inside
but it’s hard to believe
 
that I’ll find
someone kind
who will admire
and not be blind
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment